Acupuncture is an eastern medicine which has been practiced in China for over 4000 years. From there acupuncture begun to be practiced in other countries like Japan and Korea until in the 1970's acupuncture began to receive more attention in the western world.
How Does Acupuncture Work
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine, surgical steel needles into specific points on the body to help restore your health. This is achieved by using your body’s inherent healing mechanisms to restore balance. The effectiveness of acupuncture in promoting self-healing means that it is often the first choice treatment in situations where the body is capable of repairing itself. Rather than masking the problem, acupuncture works to address the cause and achieve long-term resolution.
What Conditions Can Acupuncture Help With?
Effective natural solution for:
• Back, neck and shoulder pain - acute or chronic • Migraines and headaches
• Frozen shoulder rapid recovery • Stress and anxiety reduction
• Osteoarthritis management - pain relief
• Injury rehabilitation - drug free pain management • Pre and post - surgical integrative recovery
• Sports and running performance enhancement naturally
• Digestive disorders – IBS or crohn’s • Hormone balancing treatments for menopause and PMT
• Fertility issues natural support and IVF • Improved sleeping - endocrine balance, insomnia, PTSD
• Chronic conditions including CFS, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis
I'm Afraid of Needles. Does Acupuncture Hurt?
No, not at all. The needles do not penetrate much deeper than the skin and they very thin (around 0.25mm) that they are usually not felt.
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Acupuncture is very safe. The needles are single use sterilised, surgical steel and disposed of immediately in a sharps box. Acupuncture has been shown to be very safe when administered by a well trained practitioner with a low risk of serious adverse effects.